Thursday, January 3, 2013

Writ on Stone

My new best friend Gretchen recommends laying out a set of Personal Commandments at the beginning of your Happiness Project. And lo, I do everything she says, for Gretchen is my Oprah, I shall not want.

More than 5, fewer than 12, precepts to guide my actions and thoughts. No problem, right?

I am loosely organizing my Project on the mind-body-spirit triumvirate, so will follow those connections through. For example: Commandment 1, Everything in its right place -- a phrase that floats through my mind often, from that Radiohead song. Extended out: find the right place for physical objects in my home, office, etc; find the right place to do yoga; find the right places/moments to offer criticism, etc.

AND SO THE TWELVE COMMANDMENTS OF ANDREA, HERE WRIT FOREVERMORE

Everything in its right place.
Squelch the drama.
Your reaction is your reality.
Say yes.
Be nice.
Give thanks, give back.
Your body is a wonderland; treat it so.
Do stuff.
Write it down.
Appreciate nature.
I'll wait. Not forever.
Just ask.

Yes, I used a 30 Rock reference. Liz Lemon 4 LYFE ya'll. And shut up, John Meyers sings nice.

BONUS! This still makes me laugh really hard.



Happy bluebirds to you,
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment