Friday, January 4, 2013

Order in Da House!!!

The last month of 2012 was far from my finest. Think friends with cancer, a big family crisis, and an insidious flu bug burrowing through my little family. Bad times were had by all. So I too am committing to making 2013 a year with more happiness. In The Happiness Project, The Gretchen writes about one of her intents being to create more happiness while she's not in the midst of misfortune, so that when she is, she will be better equipped to deal. There is something, however, to be said of being sick and tired of being sick and tired, and that is where I jump in. In a land far away (okay, about years away) I knew how to take really good care of myself. Then I had two kids in three years, meaning I've been either pregnant or had a little one hanging off my boob National Geographic style for about four and a half years. It is hard to get to the spa with boob/womb sloths hanging on you, people! But seriously. I adore my children, but they are not getting the best part of me. I am not getting the best of me. And I'm starting with my messy fucking house.
Clutter has been vexxing me my entire life. I have gotten a little better at managing it, but with two small children and Christmas and birthdays, things have gotten bad. One of the things The Gretchen did in January was to focus on energizing herself, and clutter is a huge energy vamp. This will be my main focus this month. I will post disturbing before pictures to shame motivate myself, and tidier after pictures to help celebrate. How are you energizing this January? ~Lynn

2 comments:

  1. Multiply your "before" picture 11 times and that's MY house! Will address this in a post soon but yeah, isn't clutter anxiety-producing? I aim to clear mine and then do lots of exercise in my beautiful, immaculate rooms. Hahaha but seriously. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It totally is anxiety producing! And energy sucking. My office was just the easiest to photograph because it's small, but The Mess spreadeth out throughout our house, so I hear you! Child Protective Services what?!?

    ReplyDelete