Saturday, March 16, 2013

Consistency Schmistency


As is probably evident if you are reading this blog, consistency is not my strong point. I am an idea person. I get ideas. I get excited about them. I may even launch the ideas into being. Then, the adrenaline wears off and I get bored. I procrastinate. I avoid.

 Writing makes me happy.

 That isn’t entirely true.

Having written makes me happy. Having written something good makes me happy.

Of course, to have written something good means that I need to have written. Sometimes quite a bit before getting to something good. That part, sitting down to the blank page, the drudgery and terror that come from consistent, disciplined writing, is where I get stuck.

But the truth is that having written something good makes me happier than just about anything. So, March, you fickle bitch with your melting snow and 50 degree weather and then your freezing, holy crap it’s cold again shenanigans—I am committing to writing more. In here, and on my little pink computer, and at the coffee shop.

Bring it.

~Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment